Saturday, September 24, 2011

Fall Into Reading 2011 Booklist

I was looking at blogs and came across something called the Fall Into Reading 2011.
I love to read and I do every chance I get. It may be reading fun books to my girls, or my Bible. I love to read so many different books; I  thought how in the world am I going to choose. I have looked through all my books that I have, which is a lot.  All I can say is WOW; I have more than I thought.
 I will most likely start a new list for our cold winter months, but here is my list for fall.

My daughters Godmother and Godfather and a dear friend to us sent us two books to read.
I have already started on the first one, and will most likely use this book for years to come. This book is that good a true treasure in our home now. 

The Essential Catholic Survival Guide

All I can say so far about this book is I love it. Thank you so much Joe and Elizabeth!
 I would ask those that are Catholic and those who are not to read this book.  


Rome Sweet Home-Our Journey to Catholicism



The next books are more of a Large family Survival Guide.
I have heard such great reviews on these books, and I can't wait to read it.
Large Family Logistics

The Light and The Glory The: 1492-1793 (God's Plan for America)


A book I was given by a Pastor friend.
The Excellent Wife A Biblical Perspective


The Remarkable book by Anna Sofia Botkin and Elizabeth Botkin. I bought this book a few years ago and it's now time to crack it open.

So Much More


The next book will be read as a family in the evenings by Daddy. We have 7 daughters so it is a perfect fit for our family.

The Princess Adelina an Ancient Christian Tale of Beauty & Bravery

Lots of books for the fall season, that my children and I will read for school and fun.

September
Apples
Fall Is Here! I Love It!
Apple Cider Making Days
It's Fall !
Red Are the Apples
Popcorn
The Popcorn Book
It Happens In The Month Of September
How Do Apples Grow?
Ten Red Apples
A to Z of Autumn
Animals That Hibernate
The Apple Pie Tree
Look What I Did With A Leaf

October
Angles In The Water
The Angels: The Catholic Teaching on the Angels
Brother Francis and The Friendly Beasts
Saint Francis and the Animals
Saint Francis & the Wolf
Columbus
The Columbus Story
Where Do You Think You're Going, Christopher Columbus
Saint Francis
Clare and Francis
Red Leaf, Yellow Leaf
What Makes the Seasons?
What is Migration?
Fall Foliage
In November
Curious George Seasons
Oh My, Pumpkin Pie!
Circle of Seasons
Life Cycle Of A Pumpkin
How Do You Know It's Fall?
What Columbus Found: It Was Orange, It Was Round
From Seed to Pumpkin
Pumpkin Pumpkin

November
P is for Pilgrim: A Thanksgiving Alphabet
If You Sailed on the Mayflower in 1620
'Twas the Night Before Thanksgiving
T is for Turkey:A True Thanksgiving Story
Thanks for Thanksgiving
The Night Before Thanksgiving
The Pilgrims' First Thanksgiving
Cranberry Thanksgiving
Five silly turkeys
If you were at- the first Thanksgiving
An old-fashioned Thanksgiving
A pioneer Thanksgiving
Thanksgiving rules
The Thanksgiving story
A Thanksgiving turkey
The very first Thanksgiving Day

2 comments:

Katrina said...

Looks great, Pamela, and I love that you're including books to read with your kids! Thanks so much for being part of FIR '11. Hope you enjoy all your fall reading!

Far Above Rubies said...

Great list. We love the Elsie Dinsmore series we well as biographies on various people.