Saturday, November 26, 2011

Black Friday 2011

One word to say about Black Friday FUN! It is one of my favorite days of the year. I know I sound crazy, but I love to shop and I love great deals. This year I went shopping with my oldest daughter and she loved going and seeing all the people. I was told next year she wanted to go again and help plan out everything.


Planning really is the key for an evening of savings. You must plan out everything, and be okay if things don't always stay on path. Before I leave our home at 8pm Thursday evening I say a prayer for Gods guidance and protection. I know when I leave my house on Thursday I won’t be home till Friday late afternoon, so lots of prayers and plans are needed.


I am not one for being out and about without my husband close by late at night. Normally he would be out with me but this year he had to work so I took my German Sheppard for protection she had a great time I think.


Off topic, but something woth noting, in my state we have a wonderful Governor that took a stand for us and signed a bill that now allows me to feel much safer. I now can carry a gun on me for safety which I am thrilled about. This is a freedom we have in this country, a freedom we had stripped from us. I just want to say thank you Governor Scott Walker for making Wisconsin a much safer place to live.


Sorry, I just had to have a shout out for our Governor. We have a lot of people in our state that would rather live in fear, among other things and want him out. I say THANK YOU and press on don’t give up or give in you are doing great things for us in Wisconsin.


Back on topic, you can’t let it bother you if that last item is all sold out by the time you reach it. If God wants you to have something I believe it will be yours in his timing, you can’t say you didn’t try. Because of this thinking I have a blast, I have complete fun each year and I just enjoy every single minute of my evening/day.


This year I think was a record when it came to staying up. I woke up Thursday morning at 5am to start cooking and went back to bed 34 hours later at 8pm Friday evening. I did get a 1hr cat nap between stores opening which really did nothing except make me tired. I was able to get some great deals this year and I'm glad I went. We had great weather and people were just happy it seems this year; standing in line for hrs at a time you have a chance to meet some very nice people which is part of the fun.


I did do less shopping and more hanging out with my daughter which was the best part of it all. My savings were not as much as past years but I did save about $730, I made $45 an hr shopping this year better then a part time jobJ and much more fun. It makes my husband happy when he hears this; I make our family money stretch that much more.


Over all Black Friday this year was a success and I can’t wait to do it again next year.


Blessings,
Pamela

1 comment:

Unknown said...

What fun! I went out at 2am with my mother in law - and since many stores had been open earlier it was wonderful! No lines, no crabby people - and I managed to snag every item that we wanted :)