Saturday, November 26, 2011

A little look at our Thanksgiving

I hope all of you had a wonderful Thanksgiving this year. We had such a wonderful time and we made it very easy and simple. Simple to us is just not having to do after dinner dishes like pots and pans. We used throw away cooking pans and nice paper plates which is  big for me to do. I like to take out the nice china but then again I don’t do dishes in my home which I am thankful for this Thanksgiving. My husband and daughters always do this for me since I cook so much. Because we kept it simple this year we had  more time for reading Thanksgiving stories and resting.
Here are a couple of pictures I took of our day, along with our treat ideas for Thanksgiving. I forgot to post this a couple of days ago so I thought I would just blend it in here.




 
We always make treats to go along with our Thanksgiving movie. One of the treats is called Blessing mix. I found this idea a few years ago over at Organized Christmas. You will find how to make them and the tags to go along with the treats. We have been making this each year since and my girls look forward to it each year. Before handing them out I do tie each bag with a pretty ribbon.


The other treat this year was new to us; it's called Edible Indian corn. Jessica over at Shower of Roses showed how to make these. I made mine as healthy and tasty as I could, the girls loved them and I think we just added some more yummy treats to our Thanksgiving evening. My oldest daughter and I saved our treats for Black Friday shopping this year. Again I forgot to show the finished treat. We put our edible corn in little treat bags and tired the bottoms with ribbon.



This is our dining room all set up for dinner, we always have crafts up in our home since we HS our kids. Our dining room is where we eat and school our children so we have just a few turkeys sitting around. These are some of our theme boards around our dining room. Thanks giving leaves and Thankful Turkeys made by our kids. I just love homemade decorations don't you?


       This is our family table on a bright and sunny afternoon. We were blessed with great weather.


Daddy with his finished Turkey


And now pictures of all the yummy sides, notice the very elegant pans that we cooked and served our food in. I posted our Thanksgiving Menu if you would like to know everything I served. We did not make the hens this year maybe next year. I served am Apple Pie instead and a Pumpkin Cake as well with no pictures of either. I did manage to take a picture of a little left over cake though made up for my Husbands lunch the next day.

Mac and Cheese

                                                                       Scalloped Potatoes


                                                         Some of the Homemade Cranberries


                                                      Kasha Mandarin Oranges and raisins


                                                                     Polish potato bread


                                                                           Corn Bread


                                                                    Kielbasa Stuffing


                                                                I made Sweet Potato Soup


                                                                                Turkey


                                                                 Green Bean Casserole


Sweet Potato soup and potato bread to start.


A little Pumpkin cake with homemade Whipcream to finish.




                                                                      When dinner was over


Some of us slept, and we could not pass up taking a picture of both.



The rest of the day was spent talking and just relaxing, we finished cleaning up and finished making our plans for Black Friday.  Another wonderful blessed day from our father in Heaven.

Blessings,
Pamela

No comments: