Wednesday, August 29, 2012

My Daybook :: August 29, 2012

Outside my window...
I see cloudy skies and no rain which is just not fair.
I have watered our yard more this year than any other year I can remember.
We bought 4 Mum plants 2 are in the ground and we have 2 more left to plant.
I always have bought them in the past, which cost us money each fall.
Since I’m a city girl and farming and gardens were not the norm, I never even knew you could plant them in the ground.
It will be nice to enjoy them each year and not buy new plants each fall.
They start out small as you can see, but I was told they will grow very big by next year.





I am thinking...
about all the contractions I have been not having and how I am making great progress.
I am 2cm, 50% effaced, -1 station and very soft, I could stay this way till next Tuesday but I sure hope not. It would be nice to not feel anything and just have a baby (lol)! I know things won't stay this way too much longer. This is the biggest I have ever been while expecting, but this is also our only boy! Speaking of boys we are still trying to decide on a little boys name I sure hope we have one before he gets here.

I am thankful...
for my husband who has been with me through so much in life. I am also thankful for God's Grace and love, I have grown so close to the Lord in the past few months. He has tought me to lean on him instead of myself which has been some work. It really is amazing how much you can hear the Lord if you can learn to block other things out.
Last, I am thankful this week for 1 week of school done!! It feels so good to say that!!
 
Learning all the time...
we have 1 week of school done this year and it feels great!! We have done lots of reading, math, history and even 2 science experiments. Our girls love the new curriculum they are using and so do mom and dad. The first day was a little hard trying to figure out how to use everything and juggling 5 kids all egger to learn.
 When we start back to school in September we will be adding Music, Art, State-by-State Study, and Along the Alphabet Path, praying it all goes well! Notice we are not in our school uniforms I wonder why not.
 

 
 
From the kitchen...
Lots of Vegetables from the Farmers market, I wish I would have started this months ago.

I am creating...
plans for Music, Art, State-by-State Study, and Along the Alphabet Path. I hope to have everything set up by the middle of September when we need to start.

I am working on...
packing my bags for the hospital since I will be away for 2-3 days.
 

I am going...
to our first home school outing Thursday I think, all depends on how I feel. We will be going to Mass and then were having a pizza/potluck picnic. It will be so nice to old friends that we have not seen in several months. We have a very large group with close to 83 families so when we get together it is a ton of fun. Last time I looked we had 196 people attending this Thursday and only 36 families signed up!

 I am praying...
For a safe delivery and fast recovery!
 

I am listening...
to my 2 yr old and 3 yr old playing next to me as I type. We are in our 2nd week of school and things seem to be going great.

Around the house...lots of cleaning, cleaning and more cleaning! I am nesting like a crazy women getting ready for our new little guy. We have the car seat ready and all the baby clothes washed and put away. Hubby and I co-sleep so we did not need to set a crib up yet which is great because we are not adding on to our home till March of next year:)
Oh, and we also will be expecting puppies around the same time I'm due!
 
One of my favorite things...
at this time of year would be all the fresh vegetables and fruit we are able to grow and buy. I eat almost all raw fruits and veggies now and I feel so great! My husband has also changed the way he eats, and we have always eaten well. Almost all organic, no soda ect... but he took it one notch higher and added lots of trace minerals and raw foods. He has dropped I think it is 15 lbs, and I have not gained any in the last 2 weeks so yes it does matter what you eat.
 
This week's plans...
  • Doctors appt was Monday
  • School work on Tuesday
  • Maybe a bible study (if we can get away, hard to do with 7 little one's)
  • Mass and picnic with our home school group
  • Lots of rest and last minute packing before the baby is here

A picture to share...

Here I am st 39 weeks and ready to have our baby!

1 comment:

Kat said...

Love this picture of you!