Saturday, January 1, 2011

Afghanistan...

This year I and my family have decided to pray for a new country everyday. A family posted the idea at http://www.momys.com/ a board I am part of.  I thought what a great idea we will learn a little about each country, and pray for them as well.

January 1st
Please join in and Pray for all the people in Afghanistan.

Here is a site with more info on Afghanistan.
Afghanistan Operation World


Here is a video they made.

A little extra information from
Answers.com
 •Official name: Islamic Republic of Afghanistan
•Capital: Kābul
•Total Area: 652,225 km2
•Approximate population: 27,145,000
•Location: Central Asia
•Languages: Dari, Pushtu, Uzbek, Turkmen
•Religions: Sunni Muslim, Shi'a Muslim
•Currency: Afghani
•Organizations: United Nations
•World's 41st largest country/territory (area)

1 comment:

miranda said...

Thanks so much for coming by my blog and becoming a follower! I'm just now getting a moment to glance over your blog, but I'll be back. So nice to meet you!! Your daughters are beautiful, what fun!
Happy Monday!