Wednesday, January 16, 2013

My Daybook Week 3:: January 14, 2013

 Outside my window...
I see less snow and less sunshine, this makes the days very cold.  I also see all the Christmas trees laying by the driveways, Christmas is really over it went by so fast!  I have said before I'm not a winter person, but I would rather my yard be full of clean snow than mud.
 
I am thinking...
about Valentines day, and all the ides running through my mind makes me tired.
 
I am thankful...
that my little guy is doing much better today with his cold. He still sounds built up with flem but much better.
 
 
In my kitchen...
I have lots and lots of vegetables and fruit, I am going to be taking out 7 things in my diet to see what is making my tummy so up set. I never knew how easy the Paleo diet was to follow. Here's my list of the things I will be removing for the next 30 days.
  1. Sugar
  2. Corn
  3. Soy
  4. Red Meat
  5. Wheat
  6. Eggs
  7. Peanuts
I am trying to eat more of a whole foods diet to better my health, husband and children. I have learned so much about this in my Paleo book and I have learned so much from the Reforming Food & Family DVD Series. It will be new to my family but the results I think will be great.
 
I am wearing...
My husbands heavy and very warm sweatpants, white socks, a fleece sweatshirt, with a white t-shirt. I do most of my blogging, like 90% of it in the middle of the night, so lots of cozy clothes.
 
I am creating...
a list of things I need at the craft store today, my list is always way to long. I love to craft and make home made things so the craft/fabric store is a place where I can get into a lot of trouble.
 
I am going...
a little crazy with all the neck pain I have been having, and lower back pain. I think it may be from the way I am sleeping at night.
 
I am reading...
my favorite Blogs and my Bible, I needed to be in the word this week more than I was in the past week. I am hoping my husband will read the books he will be reading for school to me.  The best is when I can lay my head on his lap and be next to him. I would  also love to learn with him, Theology is just going to be fun!
 
I am hoping...
our gun laws don't change to much, sorry I like to have the right to bare arm's!! No one is going to protect my family but my husband and I!! We are the first ones to see that bad man enter our home not the cops. If the teachers and workers in schools, banks, and movie theaters were armed  we would see less violence. Some say that guns are for war only and that the American public just can't handle them! This is what I think when I hear about a man going into a school with a gun looking to kill children, he is going to war on everyone in that school. He went to a school looking for a fight and not with a snowball, or with even a knife, but a GUN!!  Not one person in that school, bank or movie theater could defend them selves! Please pray that our freedom is not taken from us!!!
 
I am looking forward...
to a new week of school and projects! I know call me weird but I like teaching my children and seeing them learn. I could do with out Math and Grammar.
 
I am learning...
how to sew, not a easy task for me with such a busy house, but very fun! I wish I would have learned a long time ago before I had children. I want to try and make this cute heart garland I could just buy these but making them will be more fun. 
 
I am hearing...
my husband wash dishes for me so I can finish my blog post. In my family who ever cooks for the family does not clean the kitchen, I would much rather cook any day. If you want eggs at 2am than of course you have to clean up yourself, that would only be fair.
 
Around the house... 
birthday decorations everywhere, we have had 2 birthdays this week and a third today.  We have had a Marvel birthday, and now a Cinderella birthday which is fun but also tiring.
 
I am praying...
for my self today as I start to understand what we are doing in this family is real. I support my husband but I am scared of these big changes we are about to make. My husband starts school next week and stops working next week. So, what ever I can make for the family is what we will have, I have never had to do this and it just scares me. We have a small family business that will help a lot and my work will be done at home but still a new and big step for us. Could you please pray for us we could really use prayers of strength, and prayers of stillness to hear the Lords voice and the direction he has for us.
 
One of my favorite things...
Spending time with my Pastor and his family. I feel so blessed and complete in my life settled and calm after years of searching. We love our town, church family, and the friends we have made over the last 4 years. I will be praying that where ever we go after Seminary it does not take us to far from where we are now.
 
Another favorite thing...
spending quite time in church, I love spending time alone in church! I have not been able to do this in a long time and I miss it.
 
Plans for the rest of the week...
  • Monday sewing trip with a friend
  • Tuesday spending the afternoon with my Pastor and his family
  • Wednesday a college visit and a birthday party
  • Thursday work on sewing projects and work on storage unit a little
  • Friday finish up school work and catch up on school work from the week 
  • Saturday trip to the grochery
  • Sunday Sabbath
     
 A little look at our day...
 
 
 

No comments: